Monday, February 2, 2009

Better Days

I remember the only thin that used to prep my spirits used to be chocolate mousse from Birdy's. I'd ride there all the way on my mutilated bike,Eliza. It brought such joy to me.

Lately, I've been awfully stressed out for no reason at all. I miss days when I traveled all the way to V.T. just to get a cup of coffee with a friend. Or have steak Tuesdays with Sharang and spend the rest of the afternoon at Kala Ghoda sitting at the amphitheater planning out holiday's we'd actually never go for.

Little things like, being excited about going to have pastry or meeting friends after a gap of 3 days, seemed so important at one time. Catching a stranger's eye and smiling at them for no reason at all. Complementing someone randomly because you like their book. I miss doing shit like that.

Life has become so dreadfully monotonous that even if I have all the time in the world I wouldn't do something cuz I just don't feel like it. Or not go to V.T. because I can't compromise on the only one hour that I have because I have to meet my boyfriend. I haven't been too happy. I want to feel glad about who I am, what I'm doing... I want to thank the people who complete my life, make my spirits soar, bring a smile to my face.

If you listen to this song "Smile like you mean it" make sure you listen to the words, they make you realize how much you're losing out on things and how you gotta move on with time.

1 comments:

1+2+2=5, 1+2+3=6: 56 said...

We all need to not lose ourselves in the mess that is our lives. We can retain what we cherish about ourselves, all it takes is some willpower.